Welcome to MAYER’s Restaurant at Schloss Prielau!
In May 2004 Andreas Mayer, starred chef from Munich, apprentice of Eckart Witzigmann and already a recipient of several international awards, took over management of the kitchen at Schloss Prielau. His cooking skills were soon rewarded with numerous awards by international gourmet guides: 2 Stars by Guide Michelin, 3 Toques/17 Points by Gault Millau 2018, 92 Points by AlaCarte 2018, Restaurant of the Year 2011 by Bertelsmann, Chef of the Year Austria 2007 and many more.
In the gourmet restaurant MAYER’s, cooking has a French focus with strong flavours. The dishes and creations resemble handicrafts, presented with lots of love for detail. Andreas Mayer loves the combination of unusual flavours. Most products are sourced directly from the area around Schloss Prielau and the region, Pinzgau.
“The area is rich in first-class products that I just love offering my guests. They guarantee the best possible freshness and keep aromas in their original form.”
The native Bavarian has found his own cooking style and developed it into perfection. His cookbook “Fascination – Perfection – Vision” reflects his artful creations and is available with a personal signature on request.
- Chef de cuisine at Eckart Witzigmann’s Palazzo in Berlin and Munich
- Production of cookbooks in cooperation with E. Witzigmann
- Chef de cuisine in Kempinski Hotel “Vier Jahreszeiten” in Munich
- Chef Patissier in the Residenz "Heinz Winkler" in Aschau
- Sous Chef of the restaurant “Käfer Schänke” in Munich
- Chef de cuisine of the restaurant "Maassen" in Düsseldorf
- Sous Chef of the restaurant “Fischküche” in Berlin
- Demi Chef de Partie of the restaurant "Landhaus Scherrer" in Hamburg
- Combis de Cuisine of the restaurant "Im Schiffchen" in Düsseldorf
- Training as a chef in the Country Inn and Hotel “Zum Ochsenwirt” in Oberaudorf, Germany
“Much more important than any award are my guests, whom I want to surprise and delight with my dishes on a daily basis. Hearing a dreamy “Delicious” or “Mmmmhh...” at the table in the restaurant, that to me is success and confirmation of the line I’m pursuing!”
- Two stars Michelin guide
- 2019 3 toques/17 points Gault Millau
- 2019 4 spoons Schlemmer Atlas
- 2019 92 points A la Carte
- 2019 3.5 FFF Feinschmecker Germany
- 2019 94 points Falstaff
- 2015 Top 20 Chef Austria
- 2014 Hotel of the Year
- 2011 Bertelsmann Restaurant of the Year Austria
- 2010 Trophé Culinaire for Most Creative Cuisine A la Carte
- 2008 Bertelsmann five toques dining and drinking Austria
- 2007 Chef of the Year Austria
- 2006 Shooting Star of the Year A la Carte
- 2005 Newcomer of the Year Austria